Well, I guess my inspiration faded FAST! This summer has been an absolute whirlwind! My business is booming and I’m running in every direction lately. I’m not complaining though….having the extra $$ is super! My garden is coming along still and is producing like crazy. I’m excited for canning time! Hopefully I’ll have the time for canning time. Below is my latest recipe for Chocolate Zucchini Bread. If you have zucchini or know someone who does, this is a great way to get your kids to eat it. Even the big kids (like me). There’s no fat or oil, just applesauce and fat free sour cream. Enjoy!
An easy recipe for Chocolate Zucchini Bread.
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup fat free sour cream
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, combine cocoa powder, eggs, sugar, oil, grated zucchini and vanilla; beat well. Stir together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and chocolate chips. Add to wet ingredients just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a loaf comes out clean.