I think my prayers have been answered! The sun has been shining and most importantly…the SNOW has been melting! There are patches of grass showing in my yard. Unbelievable! Time to start thinking about my basement greenhouse and starting tomatoes and peppers. It feels weird saying that, as I was just snowed in to my house 2 days ago! I guess it goes to show that the weather can change in a moment and thank goodness it’s for the good! Ok, now to the good stuff….
Did Someone Say Spring???
- 2 lb Pot Roast, cut into bite sized chunks
- 6 potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 2 carrots, cut into large pieces
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, chopped fine, save remainder for another use
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 2 tsp pepper
- 6 cups water
- 1 15oz can stewed tomatoes
- 16 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large shallots, coarsely chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a crockpot and set to 8 hours.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.
- Serve with crusty french bread and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of www.farmgirlgourmet.com. Reprinting without permission is unethical.